Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Postcards and Fleetwood Mac

It's no secret that I love getting mail. It's also no secret that I love weird stuff. So weird postcards are pretty much the best thing ever in my book. I think weird postcards harken back to the era of roadside attractions and trips along Route 66 - the glory days of American road travel. Which, let's be honest, is probably the era I should have been around in.
Circa 1950
Circa 2011

Regardless of which time period I should have been born in, my friends humor my love of weird postcards and send them to me pretty regularly. Here are some of my favorites (and weirdest):






I got this one today. Perfect timing, Sarah!

This week's hot jam is Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac. Really, what's not to love about Fleetwood Mac? My favorite thing about this song is that Lindsey Buckingham wrote it about his relationship with Stevie Nicks and they still performed it together all the time. That had to be awkward, right? Like when two of your friends break up, but insist on still hanging out like everything's normal. I wonder how he introduced it to the rest of the band. "Hey guys, I wrote this really personal song about Stevie and me. But don't worry, it totally won't make anything weird."



1 comment:

  1. I can get behind everything in this post. Good on ya. :)
    (Glad the Queen arrived safely.)

    ReplyDelete