Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Made-for-TV Movies and Heymoonshaker

Apologies for my absence, so many things have been happening!

First, was 2 weeks of BFF Alaska adventures

Then I commissioned a wedding!

Then I celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday and Barrett's 1st birthday

Then my power was out for 40+ hours.
Shadow fun?

Prior to my life getting so eventful, I found myself watching an incredibly cheesy made-for-tv movie on Netflix. I'm not even going to say the name of it - it was that bad, but I will say that it did NOT star Melissa Joan Hart or Joey Lawrence. Unfortunately.

I've frequently lamented the fact that Netflix doesn't have a channel called "Things That Air on USA on Saturday Afternoons" because sometimes that's exactly what I want to watch. Maybe a few NCIS or Law and Order reruns, a miscellaneous romantic comedy starring either Sandra Bullock or Meg Ryan, and one of the Spiderman or X-Men movies. But sometimes even that would be too substantial. Sometimes I need an ABC Family Saturday afternoon movie.
Full Disclosure: I've watched this at least 5 times. Thanks ABC Family.

Made-for-TV movies are like chocolate pudding. I wholeheartedly love chocolate pudding. It's my favorite dessert. I could eat it everyday, probably multiple times a day, but I know that would be bad for me. And possibly cause me to hate chocolate pudding forever. And why would I do that to myself? In theory, I could watch MFTV movies on the regular. But I don't. I mix it up with NOVA documentaries, and Parks and Rec, and Doctor Who. Because I'm well-rounded. Obviously.

I'm seriously excited about the hot jam this week. Awhile ago I saw these guys on BuzzFeed under the headline, "Why Aren't You Listening To 'Heymoonshaker'?" Valid question. Everyone should be listening to Heymoonshaker. It's "British beatboxing blues" and you're about to be obsessed. (Not to mention, Andy Balcon is kind of a dirty hipster dreamboat, amirite?)

No comments:

Post a Comment