Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Special Edition: Adventures!

I know I've been really bad at updating the past couple weeks, but that's because I've been busy going on adventures!

Three weeks ago (already?!) I went to Unalaska, AK. Home of Dutch Harbor, the number one fishing port in the US, most famous for being the home of Deadliest Catch.

Here are somethings I learned:

That place is overrun with eagles and it's simultaneously cool and terrifying.
Throw your hands in the air

There are SUPER old wooden headstones in the cemetery and I don't know how they've lasted so long.


It's a little like being at living history museum. There's leftovers from WWII everywhere. Seriously. Everywhere.

 It's BEAUTIFUL


Two weeks ago I went flightseeing in Denali (Thanks Mom and Dad!). It's like sightseeing. But from a plane. A tiny, tiny plane.

Here are somethings I learned:


Denali is always impressive no matter how close or far you are
Far

Close

They don't call it The Great One for no reason, ya'll

Friday, I'm headed home to California for a couple days. First time home since Christmas!





Back to regularly scheduled writing and topics next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment