Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bear Tooth Theatrepub and Rancid

If I hadn't already written about snow days, I would have done it this week. Because school was canceled on Monday. Woohoo!

But I've already written about snow days, and while they are awesome, I don't think they deserve 2 posts. Moving on...

Sunday afternoon I went to see my favorite Christmas movie, White Christmas.


It was playing "on the big screen" at Bear Tooth Theatrepub. So pretty much it combined all my favorite things into one afternoon.

They call the Bear Tooth a theatrepub for a reason (although, I'm not sure why they don't spell it theaterpub...) It's exactly what it sounds like, a movie theater (or theatre, if you prefer) that serves beer and pizza DURING THE MOVIE. Amazing, right? It has regular movie theater seats, but they all have counter-style tables in front of them. You order your food, then servers bring it in during the movie.

Pure genius. You know what makes movies 10x more fun? Beer.

Hey punk fans, want to feel old? Time Bomb, this week's hot jam, was released 16 years ago. Tim Armstrong, Rancid's frontman is 46. My middle schoolers weren't alive when Time Bomb came out. Mind = blown

In all honesty, I always thought their name didn't fit their music. Rancid (the name, not the actual band) sounds more like a fake death metal band rather than a punk band with ska tendencies, but they didn't ask me. Granted, I was 5 when Rancid was formed, so I probably wouldn't have been their first choice for band-namer. Although, I was really into dinosaurs then so I probably would have picked Super Cool Triceratops or something, so maybe the shouldn't have overlooked me.

Time Bomb is everything a punk song should be: it's loud, fast, and short. And it has an organ solo. What more could you ask for? (I'm pretty sure all punk songs are short because the bands couldn't possibly keep up such a frantic pace for more than a couple minutes at a time. Time Bomb is just shy of 2 1/2 minutes.)

Tighten up those Doc Martens and check your mohawk...


No comments:

Post a Comment