Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Museums and J.Cole

Thanks to some excellent connections, I got to spend the night at a museum on Friday. I got to touch a real-life human skull.


My love for museums extends back a long way. I pretty much grew up in a museum, thanks to my mom's job at SciTech Hands on Museum The museum was closed on Mondays and a lot of school holidays fell on a Monday, which meant I had the run of the museum. (Well, all the exhibits that didn't need to be plugged in.) I played with chromatography and Bernoulli's Principle and that's probably part of the reason I'm such a nerd for science now.

While I was home for Christmas, I went to the Valley Center Historical Society with my mom and dad. I saw the World's Smallest (formerly) functioning post office.


Last summer I went to the Valdez Museum and saw the first barrel of oil to come out of the Alaska pipeline.

I also took kids to the Anchorage Museum. In general, kids are really bad at museums. They don't take time to read anything and their attention span is too short for a lot of exhibits, but they do love heat sensing cameras and tsunami simulations.



This week's hot jam is Work Out by J. Cole. I'm kind of obsessed with this song for 2 reasons. 1) I appreciate anyone who will sample Paula Abdul. 2) It reminds me of hip hop songs from the late-90s. I feel like this song could have just as easily been done by Ginuwine or Nelly, and if there's anyone I like, it's Ginuwine and Nelly. J. Cole is my age, so I'm just going to assume he feels the same way.



Things I learned about J. Cole while looking for his age:
1) He was born in Germany
2) He graduated magna cum laude from St. John's University (DMC, as in Run DMC, also graduated from St. John's. There must be something in the water)

No comments:

Post a Comment