Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Special Edition!

Happy 2013! I feel like I should be writing something profound about resolutions and thankfulness, or reflecting on 2012 or something, but that's too much pressure.So instead of musing about eating more vegetables and breaking my nail biting habit,  it's WORLD'S CREEPIEST SONGS WEEK! 

Nothing like a few hot jams to ring in the new year. 

1) Every Breath You Take- The Police. Obviously. Even Sting knows it's totally weird. He said, "One couple told me 'Oh we love that song; it was the main song played at our wedding!' I thought, 'Well, good luck.'"



2) Silhouettes - Herman's Hermits. Don't get me wrong, I love Herman's Hermits. But this song is a little stalker-y.



3) Young Girl - Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. This might as well be the theme to To Catch a Predator. Young girl, get out of my mind/My love for you is way out of line. Gary, you aren't supposed to broadcast that sort of thing



4) One Way or Another - Blondie. The ultimate anthem for a crazy ex-girlfriend. Telling someone that you're going to get them is not a way to win friends.



5) All My Life - K-Ci and JoJo. This one has a lot going for it. It's a pretty great romantic R&B song, but things take a turn for the weird with one verse... Girl, you are close to me just like my mother/Close to me just like my father/Close to me just like my sister/ Close to me just like my brother. Um, what? Gentlemen, ladies don't want to compared to your family members. Keep that in mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment