Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Golden Girls and Dashboard Confessional

 I know I usually have pretty weird combinations of favorite things and hot jams, but I feel like this one is weirder than normal. Let's just go with it, okay?

My love for the Golden Girls runs deep.

Yep, those are the first 2 seasons and I'm wearing a Golden Girls t-shirt. I love Golden Girls for a lot of reasons; regardless of the fact that is 20+ years old it's still applicable (not to mention there are some REALLY great outfits), it's witty and well-written, and even though it features women much older than me, I can still relate.

And does it get any better than Estelle Getty (R.I.P) as Sophia?

I want to be Sophia when I grow up.

My favorite Sophia moment:

Sophia: I have everything I need to make the cake: flour, sugar, rum...
Rose: Oh, you're making a rum cake?
Sophia: No (as she take a swig of the rum)

This week's hot jam is Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional. I've admitted before to still listening to some of  the music I listened to in high school (See Porch Sitting and Something Corporate) and my emo-loving, converse-wearing, high school self LOVED this song. I'm not an overly romantic person; I think roses are stupid, I don't particularly like valentine's day, and cheesy lines usually make me want to barf, but even with its emotastic chorus (My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me/So won't you kill me/so I die happy) I still love this song. It's really the last verse that gets me. Something about it is believably heartfelt. Maybe it's just because I still wish Chris Carrabba was singing about me. What a dreamboat. Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment