Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pancakes and Whitney Houston

"You're not supposed to have cake for breakfast, of course, but somehow pancakes slid through. I don't know how that happened. It's like, 'Young man you're not having cake for breakfast. You're having fried cake with syrup for breakfast. Now load up on that and try not to nap.'" -Jim Gaffigan

If you have the time to make and eat pancakes you also probably have an empty schedule for the day. And it's probably Saturday or Sunday. All of which make for an excellent day.



I would like nothing more than for my day to be completely filled with making pancakes. (I would apply for a job at IHOP if I didn't have to make other foods.) In fact, I would like to open a pancake restaurant. We'd only serve regular pancakes, Mickey Mouse pancakes, and silver dollar pancakes. And you're only choice for syrup would be Aunt Jemima. I'm sure it would be a big hit.

Let's take a minute to talk about silver dollar pancakes. As a child (and still somewhat today) I'd eat about 3 bites of something and be full. Buffets, endless/bottomless servings, etc are totally wasted on me. So it was/is always kind of fun when I could feel like I ate a lot of something. Enter: silver dollar pancakes. I can eat a million and it makes me feel like I have normal eating habits. I order them to this day (Rather than ordering half a short stack, which always gets me weird looks.)


This week's hot jam is I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston. Okay, Whitney is a total nut job now, but that doesn't make this song any less awesome. Considering how much she says she wants to dance with someone, Whitney actually does very little dancing in this video, but the other dancers MORE than make up for it. There are some very sweet late 80's dance moves.

When I was in New Zealand my friends and I often went to a bar/club that played horrible techno until 1 or 2 and then started playing remixes of 80s and 90s songs. Thankfully I Wanna Dance With Somebody was always one of the remixed songs, and it totally made up for all the bad techno.

No comments:

Post a Comment