Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jergen's Natural Glow and Ricky Skaggs

So my world looks like this these days:


Which means I look like this these days (it's an evolutionary advantage to blend in with the snow, right?):

Pre Jergen's Natural Glow

Needless to say, 5ish hours of weak sunlight does not a healthy glow make. But thanks to Jergen's Natural Glow I can go from being so pale I'm clear to being off-white. (or white lion to slightly-less-white lion)



Post Jergen's Natural Glow

And by this time of the winter I'm happy to be slightly less white lion colored. Natural Glow doesn't turn you orange and won't suddenly make you tan, which I consider to be a good thing. (Who wants to go to work practically clear one day and Snooki the next? That's tacky). The only downside is it does make you smell vaguely of self tanner, but the smell fades pretty quickly and the color lasts for a long time so you don't constantly have to smell like a spray tan booth.

Bonus: No risk of turning out like this

Jergen's isn't paying me for this, but if they want to send me some free lotion, I wouldn't turn it down. It will be a long time before my skin sees the sun again.

This week's hot jam is Little Maggie by Ricky Skaggs. Maggies aren't painted in a very flattering light in most songs. Rod Stewart's Maggie May is a cougar keeping Rod out of school and The Beatles' Maggie Mae is a sailor-robbing prostitute. Not to great for the Maggies of the world. Little Maggie is a traditional bluegrass song and it isn't particularly flattering either, I guess. Maggie has a dram glass and a shot gun and she's courtin' another man, but I've always liked it anyway. Maggie seems sassy rather than sad. I like the version by Ricky Skaggs because he plays a mean-mandolin and I don't get to write things like that very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment