Friday, October 19, 2012

80s Rock and Patsy Cline


Our new work shirts are almost exact replica of this (except ours have sleeves):
Love it. The shirts got me thinking about how great rock/hair/glam/metal bands of the 80s are.  These guys made it okay for men to wear spandex and make up for Pete’s sake.  Pretty impressive.

Top 3 reasons 80s rock was great:

1)      The hair. As a curlyhead, I understand the pain of frizzy hair. But many an 80s band member embraced his frizzy, wild, long hair. Kudos, gentleman, not everyone can pull that off.

2)      The clothes. What do a 5 year old Maggie and Motley Crue have in common? Spandex. Lightning bolts. Neon. Acid wash.
Fact: I too had leopard print leggings in the 80s. Except mine were blue. And for ice skating.

3)      Power ballads. Just because one is too fast for love doesn’t mean one doesn’t  want to know what love is, amirite?


In a (surprising?) turn of genres, this week's hot jam is She's Got You by Patsy Cline. It is straight up heartbreaking. And not even in a "oh woe is me" sort of way, it's more "I've accepted my fate, but I'm not happy about it." Somehow that makes it even more heartbreaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment