Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sewing and Foreigner

It's almost that time of year again - Halloween.You can be whatever you want, in as much or as little clothing as you wish.

I always opt for more clothing because 1) It's cold. 2) I'm not a college freshman. So far the top choice for this year is a dinosaur. Second choice is a shark. Both require minor modifications to a hoodie. (I have no sympathy for you, Sexy Astronaut, you should have picked a warmer costume.)

But this week is not about making fun of cold girls in sexy-whatever costumes, it's about sewing. I consider myself a little bit of a Stepford Wife trapped in the wrong decade. I really enjoy baking and wearing aprons and pearls and occasionally walking around the house in high heels. And, yes, sewing.


Sewing is a puzzle. If you cut the pieces correctly, putting it together is the easy part. I think it's amazing you can start out with 6 yards of fabric and end up with something like this:

Fact: I want to dress like this everyday.






Granted all I'll be sewing for my Halloween costume is felt triangles onto a hoodie, but it's the thought that counts, right?


This week's hot jam is Hot Blooded by Foreigner. Pretty exclusively because of these lyrics:

Are you old enough? Will you be ready when I call you bluff?
Is my timing right? Did you save your love for me tonight?


And because Lou Gramm and I both have an affinity for t-shirts with the neck cut out.


1 comment:

  1. I still have my dinosaur costume from kindergarten. In might fit you!

    ReplyDelete