Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dancing and Anne and Pete Sibley

This week's favorite thing is dancing. I love dancing. I think if people danced more often the world would be a better place. (I also feel that way about eating popsicles.) Much like my tendency to sing whenever I hear music (see Singing and Justin Bieber) I almost always dance to the music too, or at least tap my toes/fingers, bob my head, etc. And not only is it super fun, but it's also great exercise! (And anyone who knows me knows how much I hate to exercise. So if I can do it without realizing, all the better!)


I love dancing in just about any style:

Partner dancing


The Robot

Barefoot dancing
The Twist/Michelle Tanner

Raptor impersonations


Summer in Alaska is full of bluegrass music. There is a bluegrass festival just about every weekend, and I make a point to attend as many as possible. This past weekend I was in Sutton, AK at Granite Creek Bluegrass Festival and Old Time Picker's Retreat, it was amazing as usual and Monday morning I was still feeling blugrass-y, so I got out Anne and Pete Sibley's CD Coming Home. The first song that played was Past the Point of Rescue. I had forgotten how much I love it, so it's this week's hot jam. I saw Anne and Pete when they came to perform at Teton Science Schools. They are possibly the nicest, coolest, most awesome singers and people I have ever seen/met. In 2009, they won Prairie Home Companion's Great Duet Sing Off and they definitely deserved it. They have amazing harmonies and mix up their songs with guitar and banjo.



Fun Fact: I regularly type "hot ham" instead of "hot jam". I'm always tempted to leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment