Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Singing and Justin Bieber

According to my stats I hit 500 views of my blog this week. Weird! Maybe it's just one person who really likes to read my stuff?

Anyway, this is a musical week here at a few of my favorite things. I love singing. Now, don't let this mislead you into thinking I'm good at singing, I'm definitely not, but I love it all the same. If there is music playing somewhere, chances are I'm singing. In the car? Yep. Shower? Yep. Grocery store? Yep. (By the way, my grocery store plays the best/weirdest assortment of music. Mostly obscure pop songs from the 90s). Muzak in elevators? This scene was based on me.



Except I would have sung the correct lyrics. Speaking of lyrics, I'm totally convinced that I could be a super genius, if only my head wasn't filled with practically every popular song lyric written since1955. I might not be able to sing, but dammit, I'll get all the words right.

I love karaoke, but because I can't actually carry a tune, I only pick rap songs from the mid- to late- 1990s. My go-to song is Forgot About Dre by Dr. Dre and Eminem. Second choice is Shoop by Salt-n-Pepa. Both are crowd favorites.

Judge all you want, but this week's hot jam is Baby by Justin Bieber. I love pop music. It's fun, it's danceable, it has great hooks/choruses, and you can't help but sing along. Say what you will about the Biebs, but this video has 555 MILLION+ views, and that makes it a hot jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment