Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bucket Lists and Bobby Darin

 This week I'm featuring a topical favorite thing: crossing things off my bucket list. Last week I got to cross a very exciting item off my bucket list. See the northern lights! Thanks to a solar episode and Maggie J's aurora buddy phone app, I ran outside at 11:15 and there they were, shining away. It was amazing even here in town (where you can't see them very often). I wish I could have gotten out of town, but I'm not complaining.
(Best when viewed large. Click it, folks)

I've kept a written bucket list (or as I call it "Things to do and places to see list") for 4 or 5 years. It includes all sorts of things and every once in awhile I get to cross something off. Last time it was sea kayaking (Resurrection Bay Aug 10). I always get such a feeling of accomplishment when I can cross something off. It's like a To-Do list but even cooler because I get to cross off stuff like sea kayaking and northern lights instead of do laundry and clean humidifier. I like to go through and edit my list occasionally; it's fun to see what I wanted to do when I wrote it and what I want to do now. Sometimes, if I've done something cool, but don't have it on my list I'll add it, just so I can cross it off. That might be cheating, but I really don't care. It's like putting easy stuff on a To-Do list just so you can cross it off ("Make To-Do list: check")

I think this song is a little too cute to be considered a full-on hot jam, but it's my blog and I can do whatever I want.

 Dream Lover by Bobby Darin. My Pandora station has been playing this song a lot and I totally love it. I mean, could Bobby Darin get any cuter? Only if he was holding a baby animal. My favorite thing about this video are Bobby's sweet shoulder shakes in the chorus. And that he's looking right in the camera. Bobby Darin are you singing right to me? Swoon.



Interesting fact: In 1968, Bobby Darin learned that his mother was really his grandmother and his sister was really his mom. Crazy!

3 comments:

  1. Is that a "States I've been to" map? If it is, is it up to date? It seems like you've been to more states than that! I will be coloring in my 24th and 25th states this year! And I'm 25! Woohoo!

    -Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep it is and it is up to date. i have very specific rules about whether i can count a state or not. for example, i drove through a tiny corner of idaho, but i didn't stay the night or see enough of the state to count it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I add things to my bucket list that I've already done too... so I think it's totally allowable!

    ReplyDelete