Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jorts and Dog Police

My love for jorts (jean shorts, if you prefer) is well known. Note in the header photo my sister and I are BOTH wearing jorts . I even tucked my sweet polka dot shirt in, as if to show off even more of my jorts. But clearly my love didn't stop when I turned 8. 
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C

And this doesn't include the countless photos of me as a child wearing jorts. I don't think it's the jorts themselves that I love so much, it's what the represent. Jorts mean summer and music festivals and drinking beer and relaxation. They say, "Hey, I got hot one day so I cut off the legs of my pants. No big deal."

The hot jam of a the week is Dog Police by Dog Police (from the album Dog Police.)  Chances are you've never heard of Dog Police. The video won MTV's 1985 Basement Tapes Competition, but that's their only claim to fame as far as I know.

I was unaware my life was incomplete and then my dear friend Jonathan showed me this (award winning) video. After I watched it I realized that a piece of me had been missing, and that piece could only be filled by this song and video. Be warned: it WILL get stuck in your head and when you finally get it out, it will pop back in randomly. But that's the beauty, every time you randomly start humming a few bars of the chorus you'll laugh. So you're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. The classic pic of us would only be better if we were wearing jorts...

    ReplyDelete