Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fall and ICP (No, I haven't lost my mind)

So summer camp ending on Friday, which means fall is rapidly approaching. Unlike in most places that get a few weeks of summer weather after school starts, Alaska pretty much heads right into fall mid-August. But fall in Alaska is pretty great (even if it only lasts a few weeks.) Here are the top 10 things I like about fall

1. Leaves - The birch trees turn bright yellow and the fireweed turns bright red, it's beautiful

2. Wood burning stoves - A lot of people heat their houses with wood burning stoves so once fall rolls around it smells like a campfire outside
3. Abundance of fall scented candles - pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, harvest cornucopia of home-y smells (I might have made that last one up...)
4. Sweater weather - Okay, I wore sweaters pretty much all summer too, but it just feels better in the fall
Evidence of summer time sweater weather

5. Crisp air
6. AK State Fair - Beard contest, moose calling contest, giant vegetables, tractor pulls, demolition derbies, etc etc etc. What's not to love?


7. School supplies - Even if I don't need them, I still like wandering the aisles at Target
8. Pumpkin spice coffee
9. Pumpkin bread
10. Okay, all things pumpkin...

 I haven't suddenly developed a horrible taste is music, it will all make sense, I promise. This week's hot jam was inspired by this article, a ridiculous news story from my hometown newspaper. The hot jam is Miracles by Insane Clown Posse. No, I'm not an ICP fan, but Miracles is the most ridiculous song in the history of the world and it's so bad it's good. It could have easily been written for Saturday Night Live (in fact they did a spoof) but no, it was legitimately written and produced by ICP.

NSFW due to language

No comments:

Post a Comment