Friday, April 4, 2014

Lent Day 31: Big Girl Voice

This morning I was greeting a very large group of preschoolers, their siblings, and their parents. I was never more thankful for my days in camps/environmental education/etc. All that time spent explaining the rules of various games to 100+ kids really pays off when you need to talk loudly.

Being a small person, I sometimes feel like I need to speak extra loudly. WHAT KIND OF VOICES DO WE USE IN THE MUSEUM? THAT'S RIGHT, INSIDE VOICES. (The irony of that is not lost on me.)

I like to call it my Big Girl Voice. It gets everyone's attention, even if they can't see me. The key to projecting is to channel your inner Will Ferrell. Remember that SNL skit where he had Voice Immodulation Syndrome? Yeah, use that.

 It works every time.


PS Go Tribe!


No comments:

Post a Comment