Friday, April 11, 2014

Lent Day 38: Hammocks

All around the lower 48 (and of course, other places in the northern hemisphere) it's spring time. That is not the case here in Alaska for a number of reasons 1) we don't even have spring, we have break up and it's as bad as it sounds 2) there is still snow in the forecast..


Yes, the snow is starting to melt and it warms up to above freezing most days, but it's not spring. To make matters worse, all over Facebook people are enjoying their patios, and wearing dresses without tights, and farmers markets.


I'm jealous because I love enjoying a patio, wearing dresses, and farmers markets. But my favorite nice weather pastime is relaxing in a hammock. What's not to enjoy? The womb like cocoon? The gentle rocking? The blue sky view? All those things are great. I mean, try being mad in a hammock. You just can't.

Sigh. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more...months...


No comments:

Post a Comment