Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lent Day 32: DIY Shows

Nothing gives me false confidence like a DIY show. "Man, it looks super easy to tile a bathroom/install surround sound/build a Murphy bed/etc," I'll think to myself, completely ignoring the fact that I don't have any of the tools (or let's be honest, most of the skills) necessary for large scale projects.

Nonetheless, my favorite thing to do on a weekend morning is watch a HGTV or DIY Network show. My most recent interest is Rehab Addict, which is a stupid name, but an interesting show.


Nicole, the host/star, rehabs old homes in Minneapolis (mostly), it follows the whole project and has pretty much convinced me that I could do it too. Thankfully, Anchorage doesn't have a lot old homes, so I can't actually test out the skills I think I've learned. That is probably good for everyone involved. Although, maybe I could end up on some other DIY shows, like Renovation Nightmare...That's one way to get my own show...

No comments:

Post a Comment