Monday, April 14, 2014

Lent Day 41: Making Use

Getting down to the wire, readers. (Are you still reading?) Easter is just around the corner, and you know what that means, Easter candy will be on sale. Thank goodness. 

I can eat 50 Reese's eggs.

Anyway, the other day at work I had to list 3 things I enjoy about my job. Teaching, kids, yada yada. (If it wasn't for an official capacity, I would have listed hot dads. Yowza.) I did list teaching, but another, somewhat unexpected, thing I enjoy, is making use of supplies I already have. 

I inheirted a ton of stuff when I took my job. Like 5 van de graff machines, a jar of dried crickets, and a human elbow model. Most of the stuff in my classroom doesn't get used. That's where making use comes in. Maybe it's my Midwest sensibility,  but I don't like to waste anything. And as far as I'm concerned, if it's not being used, it's being wasted. 

I love digging through the cabinets and coming up with ways to use all the stuff growing dusty from lack of use. 

But I'm still looking for ways to use the crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment