Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent: Day 1

I've been ignoring my blog. Oops. So in an effort to revive this beast, I'm trying something new!

This week I looked at my calendar and thought, "Crap. Lent starts this week."

Count down to lamb butter starts now. Did anyone have lamb butter at Easter? No? Just me?

Frankly, I think the deciding is way harder than the sacrificing. Then again, maybe I'm not sacrificing the right stuff...Where's Pope Francis when I need him?

Who wears it better? Pope Francis or Mini Pope?

Usually I give up coffee or beer, but I'm going on vacation at the end of the month, and I want both those things while I'm Hawaii (Awwwww yeahhhhh). I know, I know, that means I should definitely give up one of those. I'm not, sorry Jesus.

Instead I've decided to write about one thing I'm thankful for everyday. Because, it turns out, you can do something good instead of sacrificing something, and that counts. So here we go.

Day 1:

I'm thankful for Lent. Sure 40 days (actually more when you count the weekends.) of remembering if I can eat meat or going through caffeine withdraws sucks. But I do like the personal challenge of the whole thing. It's a time to better oneself and maybe even give up bad habits. (Like eating too many pizzadillas, *points to self*) It's somehow less pressure than a new year's resolution, I mean, it's only your eternal soul on the line, right? 

Regardless of religious affiliations (or lack thereof), I encourage everyone to do some soul searching and maybe even some sacrificing around this time of year. It's almost spring, (in theory,) a time for renewal. How about renewing yourself into a better person? Or at least a person who eats fewer pizzadillas.

You can turn yourself in a beautiful, glittery, butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment