Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lent Day 7: Cats

This is my cat, Harley. He lives at my parents' house (much to their dismay, or so they pretend)

Harley is not amused. By anything.

This is the desktop on my work computer.

I call him SpaceCat, obviously.

You guys, I like cats. I've always liked cats. When I was a kid, my sister and I wanted cats, but my Dad was not a fan of that idea. So we waited until he was out of town to get them. (Thanks, Mom. Sorry I'm not sorry, Dad.)

I feel like most people are pretty definite in their feelings about cats, one way or the other.

Here's why I'm pro-cat
1) They are independent. Oh, you want to go away for the weekend? Put out some extra food and water, and your cat is going to be fine. Heck, he/she is probably even happy to have you out of the house.


2) They are thisclose to being wild animals. I watched some show on National Geographic or Discovery, and apparently cats will revert to their wild, feral state in like a week, if given the opportunity. So if you are a cat owner, you are basically a better Grizzly Man. Dangerous but not an idiot.

3) You have to work for their affection. Fact - you appreciate things more when you have to work for it.

4) Paws - I mean, look how frickin' cute they are.

5) Whiskers - Like paws they are super cute. But they are also super cool. Did you know they are generally as long as a cat is wide? That's how they know if they will fit in a small space!


No comments:

Post a Comment