Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lent Day 23: New Recipes

Full disclosure: I had macaroni and cheese for dinner. From a box. Well actually a bag, but same basic idea. Not my best dinner, but better than Girl Scout cookies (maybe?) Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but some days it just sounds like too much work. Today, for example.

Let' s just assume there's some Kraft in that pot.
Although not evident today, I love trying new recipes. (Thanks goodness for cooking blogs, amirite?) It's such a gamble. Will it turn out? Will I like it? Will I end up having cereal for dinner?

In general, I dislike cooking for one, it's a pain, but at least you are only betting on your own dinner, so it's a little less risky. I don't know for sure, but I assume you don't want to gamble with your kid's dinner every night of the week.

I get such satisfaction from"slaving over a hot stove" when it results in something delicious. Sure, I enjoy cooking something with "good" written next to it in the cookbook, but there is something exciting about the unknown, isn't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment