Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lent Day 21: Living room view

Almost 5 years ago (whoa!) I signed the lease on my apartment sight unseen. I was in Wyoming and needed a place before I got to Alaska, so I hunted around Craigslist and faxed off a year of my life to my now-landlord after seeing something like 4 photos and a Google streetview. I got lucky. For sure.

The best part of my apartment is something I didn't even know about when I signed the lease - the view. I love being able to watch the seasons change on the mountains, from winter sunrises at 10 am to summer alpenglow at 10 pm, it's all just so beautiful. (Barf. Pardon the cheesiness of that sentence.)

Is this where I say #nofilter?


I think I've said before that the sun rising over the mountains should be accompanied by a choir of angels, and I mean it. There just nothing quite like drinking coffee and watching the sun rise on a snowy Saturday morning. (In fact, I love the view so much that I once rearranged my apartment only to re-rearrange it because I couldn't see the mountains from the couch anymore. That's commitment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment