Friday, March 21, 2014

Lent Day 17: Free Stuff

The museum is doing a little bit of reorganization, which requires the emptying of a large storage unit. Picture the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then picture something not as cool. That's the storage unit.

Not quite this. But better than Storage Wars
Some things are just getting moved to the museum for storage, others are getting donated or thrown away, some things are getting parceled out to other people. I was over there working today and acquired two brain Jell-o molds and a measuring cup. (I also have my eye on a quarter machine that will tell you your weight on the moon. But I'm not totally sure I can justify putting that in my apartment. It feels a little too close to hoarding...) It's kind of like cleaning out the attic, but with weirder stuff.

Long story short. I like getting free stuff. Now there is two kinds of free stuff: good stuff and bad stuff. I prefer the good stuff, obviously. I'm not one to take 50 shampoo bottles from a hotel, but if the lotion is good, I will take one or two.

Buy one, get one free? Love it. Free samples at Costco? Yes, please. Free cake on your birthday? Yes. (Even if it means awkwardly sitting through Happy Birthday.) Broken laundry basket? Craigslist mattress? No, thank you. There is a line, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment