Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lent Day 19: A good bargain

Early on in my Lenten adventure, I think I wrote about my spring project: The Craigslist Table.Well, it's finally finished-ish. Finished enough to move from the garage to my apartment anyway. There's nothing quite like finishing something you started, amirite?



Anyway, this table was a good bargain. $20 for the table and 3 chairs, $10 for supplies. (Although, after I paint the chairs, it will probably be more like $15, but still.) Things in Alaska are expensive, especially large, heavy, hard to ship things like furniture. Even on craigslist you are going to pay AT LEAST $50 for a table, and a crappy one at that. So when I saw my $20 ugly duckling, I knew I had to buy it it.

I love the thrill of the hunt when it comes to bargains. Digging around in thrift stores, digitally thumbing through ads online, comparing prices all over the internet, it makes it that much sweeter when you find what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment